Sunday, March 30, 2014

The Assumptions behind the Curious Geroge TV show

As I'm watching cartoons with my kids I often wonder what the assumptions are for the writers. Because there's some strange things going on if you stop to ponder, for example, The Man in the Yellow Hat (TMITYH) from Curious George.

First of all, why does TMITYH live with a sentient monkey? Is Curious George the love child of TMITYH? Is there any other possible reason TMITYH has a hip hop name? Is Curious George an example of post-singularity gene manipulation?

I can't stop from having these thoughts as I watch the improbable narrative. The most obvious explanation is that the entire story is taking place inside TMITYH's drug trippin' head. It explains the bright colors, the semi-talking monkey, the journey's to space, the ocean and beyond.    

Or maybe Curious George is a form of future shock when we'll all own Curious George's and wonder around NYC in clown suits.



No comments:

Post a Comment